12.13.2012

Stalk Me

Gossip girl meets Hollywood in this new series by That Boy author, Jillian Dodd.

Keatyn has everything she ever dreamed of. Her life is following the script she wrote for the perfect high school experience. She’s popular, goes to the best parties, dates the hottest guy, and sits at the most coveted lunch table.

She’s just not sure she wants it anymore.

Because really, things aren’t all that perfect.
Her best friend is threatening to tell everyone her perfect relationship is a scam.
Her perfect boyfriend gets drunk at every party they go to.
It’s exhausting always trying to look and act perfect.
And deep down, she isn’t sure if she has any true friends.

To add to the drama, her movie star mom’s long-time fan has turned stalker.
An older man is flirting with her and telling her they should make a movie together.
And she’s crushing on an adorable surfer. Dating a guy like him would mean committing social suicide.

So she writes a new script. One where all the pieces of her life will come together in perfect harmony.
But little does she know, there’s someone who will do anything to make sure that doesn’t happen.


4 STARS out of 5
TITLE: Stalk Me
AUTHOR: Jillian Dodd
GENRE: Young Adult


If you want a light read, try this!

This book has the ingredients for an exciting next read: catchy title, totally hot, swoon-worthy boys and a filthy, rich heroine who seriously needs to make up her mind.

TEAM CUSH all the way!!!

Halfway through the novel, I kept thinking, Keatyn can't keep bouncing from one guy to another. It was a frustrating read for me.

Even before everything was spelled out for the heroine, I already knew two things. That Sander was gay and Brooklyn did not really love her THAT MUCH. The moment I realized these things, I just want to shout at Keatyn, Get a freaking clue already! Let me tell you, she's THAT clueless most of the time.

I know that I wasn't being patient but you could just imagine my frustration when I realized that it's already past 3/4 of the novel, and she's making out with new hotties and I'm like, who do you really end up with, Keatyn, huh?

Then it's the end. I was like, WHAT?? Did this book just kept me hanging? I didn't know this was the first in a six book series until I've read the acknowledgements. No warnings whatsoever.

So consider yourself forewarned, I repeat, this book is the first in a SIX book series.

Don't expect any HEA yet. Because I did, and look what happened to me. I was totally frustrated.

But no matter how many hotties appear til book 6, I'll stay loyal to the Cushman!

Anyway, I liked Jillian Dodd's writing. Like That Boy, this is fun and easy to read. Definitely a YA chic lit at its finest.

UPDATED:
I was using mobile app for Goodreads so imagine my surprise when I opened the GR desktop site, and saw the book title with (The Keatyn Chronicles #1) next to it. Maybe, GR mobile app should show not just the book title but also the series name. Just saying.