12.13.2012

Onyx

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…


3 STARS out of 5
TITLE: Onyx
AUTHOR: Jennifer L. Armentrout
GENRE: Young Adult


Here, we pick up from where things left off at Obsidian.

Daemon and Katy are back! And they're seriously kicking DOD's asses this time! But before we head to that, let me tell you how much I hate the bets taking place on novels nowadays. They're too cheesy. Just look at this:


"Stop distracting me, Kitten. Back to my bet -- by New Year's Day, you'll have admitted that you're madly, deeply, irrevocably, and irresistibly in love with me."

Warning bells kept ringing on my mind when I came upon that. Reminded me of the reason why I never continued reading My Favorite Mistake. Bets like that seemed ridiculous, and IMO, did not make the banter between the characters any good. It just made me want to pull my hair out a couple of times.

Nothing personal on bets. Just saying.

I started getting bored with this whole alien shenanigans, even Daemon's hotness couldn't stop the yawn coming out of my mouth. I actually almost put this book on hold, when all of a sudden Katy acquired some alien powers and met another guy named Blake!

Daemon and Blake.
I smelled war.
Oooh, it's definitely on!

LOL

You see, the thing with hyped books like this one is that even when the pace seems slow, I somehow felt obliged to finish the book just to know if something good and exciting will come out of it.

Fortunately, like the first book in the series, Onyx has something original and a bit exciting in store for the patient reader. So if you're like me who likes getting some action fast with this type of books, well.. just hang on people! ;)