5.07.2006

Someone I used to know


...change is good but does it have to happen so quickly?


I know that there are a lot of things I should be doing right now instead of facing the PC all day but I can't help myself... I feel sad. Really.

For the past five months Jecha and I have sat around, watched DVDs, took pics of our wacky selves, ranted and talked about everything from our ambitions, to the coolest guy in the MDC campus, to how our day went, to OPM songs, to whatever the hell was going on at the time...

I almost considered her to be one of my BFF lifetime club.

Unfortunately, there was a sudden change of heart. *sighs*

I mean, I know change is good, but does it have to happen so quickly?

I dunno but I think it all started in Chowking. While we were doing some barkada bonding.

Big mistake.

I should have kept on eating the leche flan in my halo-halo instead of opening the topic about the continuation of the barkada's "open forum". Then I would have avoided saying the wrong phrases. (For Thal, it's the phrase "ewan ko ba.. minsan ang plastic ko..." and for Jecha: "parang nag-iba ka.. basta!")

I mean, I should have said those elaborately and not left things hanging. Unfortunately, I'm not great in friendship fixes.

Honestly, that's one thing I hate about me.. whenever there's BFF-gone-awry, I feel immediately uncomfortable with that person. Yeah, maybe she's still the same Jecha and I'm still the same me but there's already distance. By distance, I mean we never had a fight but we just don't have that much in common right now. It's like the phrase "not close anymore" is seeping in its highest conscious level. Please, go figure.

So now.. here I am. Nobody to latch on to whenever I need to feel better about myself. Just like the last time. *sighs again*

Good thing, I learned another lesson:

We can't all inhabit a perfect world, much as we'd like to.
Whoever said that was definitely right.

Now, I realized that I don't need a best friend just for the idea of "having a best friend". (Hehe.. Sounds familiar? You see, it's the very same idea about love, silly.)

It's the quality of friendship naman that counts, right?

**********
Quote of the day:

We call that person who has lost his father, an orphan; and a widower that man who has lost his wife. But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence.

- Joseph Roux
**********
Btw, I saw my blog url in the Final Asian Blog Awards 2005 Nominee List through Sitemeter.

Weird... I never visited Kineda before to even nominate myself. Maybe that was some good ol joke.

Anyway, have a nice week to all!